How to Edit a PDF?
The main goal of the Portable Document Format is to make it easier for people to distribute soft copies of documents seamlessly. However, making changes to and editing PDF is not as easy as it sounds. Here are a few easy and practical ways to edit a PDF for free.
How to Edit a PDF File online?
To edit a pdf file online, use an online PDF editor such as CocoDoc. With the help of this tool, you can edit the documents at ease and can go ahead with erasing words and other elements, adding texts, images, highlights, annotations, etc.
Follow these instructions for pdf editing in CocoDoc.
- Drag and upload the PDF to the tool and wait for the document to appear on the home page.
- Make use of the toolbar at the top, and make the edits as needed.
- Edit pdf files by keeping the cursor on the precise area of the document where change is required and start editing.
- Finally, save the changes and download the final PDF document.
How to Edit a PDF on Windows?
If you are still not sure how to edit a pdf file online, you can still do it easily and without much hassles with Windows. From the 2013 version of MS Word, it is possible to open a PDF file directly and convert it to an editable word document. You can also keep editing the document as you wish and after you have done editing pdfs, you can save the same document as a PDF in your system.
Several tools allow the users to edit a PDF document on windows. You can edit PDF form through Windows, by following the step-by-step guide.
- Visit the Edit menu in Microsoft Word and from the toolbar, select the Edit text icon.
- To edit the text, place the cursor where the new text needs to be inserted and start typing the new phrase.
- Alternatively, you are also free to paste the text.
- You can also alter the font size, font color, and alignment by choosing the suitable tools and options from this menu.
- It is possible to add highlights, strikethrough, and even leave a note on the PDF file by choosing the corresponding icons at the comment menu.
If you are still looking for how to edit pdf for free in windows, many free tools are available specifically for Windows.
How To Edit PDF Documents On Mac?
It is pretty simple and is free to edit pdf documents on Mac. There is a PDF editor that is built in the MacOS and is pretty easy to use. Follow these steps to edit the text in PDF.
- Download the PDF Expert from the macOS for free
- Click on the edit menu on the top toolbar and select the text item
- Choose the sentence or the phrase that you want to edit
- Make the necessary changes and click on any black space
- To edit an image in the pdf on Mac, click edit and select the image
- Click on the page and choose any image from the pdf finder tool
- Move or resize the image.
Other Ways To Edit PDF For Free
If you are still thinking about how can you edit a pdf for free using other ways, we have got you covered.
Using Adobe Acrobat
The Adobe Acrobat is a widely used tool to edit pdf documents for free. The tool is available online and the standard and pro version is offered for a fee. If you don’t wish to pay for the service, you can make use of the 7-day free trial program and access the powerful features of Acrobat. Open the document in Adobe Acrobat, open the edit pdf tool pane and make use of the editing tools to format the text.
Editing With Google Docs
It is possible to edit a pdf document with Google Docs as well. This is perhaps a quick and easy way to edit PDF files.
- Log in to Google Drive with the Google account.
- Click new on the upper left side of the document.
- Select file upload, upload the document by clicking ‘open’.
- After the uploading completes, click recent on the left pane.
- Open the document with Google Docs and a new editable document will be created.
- Double click on the document to make the desired changes and download the same as a PDF.
- It is also possible to share this document with others, with the help of a sharable link.
Other Free PDF Editors
There are many other free PDF editor tools available such as Nitro PDF Reader, Xodo, PDF Xchange Editor, Inkscape, etc. for Windows, and PDF Expert, Skin, PDFelement for Mac, PDF Nomad, and PDF Buddy for Mac.
Thus, there are numerous ways to edit a PDF file. All you need is the right access to the tools and you are sorted.